Thursday 5 May 2016

DOUBLE MONTHLY RECAP

My life has been pretty hectic lately so I haven't read as much as I am used to. All things considered, I decided to change my monthly recap post into once-in-two-months-thing. This way you can get one proper long post summarizing my bookish life instead of two short ones while I can guarantee a consistency of this feature. Linking up with Stacking the Shelves post by Tynga’s Reviews.



WORD COUNT: 1 074 315


According to How Long to Read I read 1 074 315 words in last two months. Considering that I have been busy with work and trip to Ireland, it isn't that bad. Hopefully I'll have time to read more in next two months!



WHAT I READ IN MARCH AND APRIL:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

....
....

The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski (3/4 STARS)

I really enjoyed this YA fantasy series. You can read my spoiler-free series review here.

Ross Poldark (The Poldark Saga #1) by Winston Graham (4 STARS)

Ross Poldark is historical drama/romance that reads as realistic historical fiction not as romantic chic-lit. A promising start to Poldark series.

Demelza (The Poldark Saga #2) by Winston Graham (DNF)

Unfortunately, second book in Poldark series wasn't as engaging as first one so I put it aside for now. Hopefully the right mood will strike me one day so I can finish it.

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon (RE-READ)

This book was even better second time around! Probably because I knew what to expect so I didn’t feel like I would die of anxiety attack every other chapter and could properly enjoy/feel all the tiny details/emotions of this story. Read my full review here.

Right of First Refusal by Dahlia Adler (2 STARS)

What a disappointment. I admit, I read this book strictly because of second-chance romance. After quite good first book Last Will and Testament (forbidden student/teacher romance) I was looking forward to reading this second standalone installment and I was very curious to see how author would deal with second-chance romance trope that I like so much. It went badly. Read my full review here.

The Wall of Winnipeg and Meby Mariana Zapata (3 STARS)

Story in The Wall of Winnipeg and Me dragged a bit and it had its weak parts but otherwise I enjoyed this super slow burn romance with no relationship drama.

Sleeves by Chanse Lowell (1 STAR)

Characters and story = weird, messy, pointless. Storytelling skills = almost non existent, confussing. Verdict = not recommended, complete waste of time.

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid (2 STARS)

One True Loves started with great intro and I truly liked scenes from Emma’s past. But once story caught up with present, it went downhill pretty fast. Read my full review here.



BOOKISH NEWS:


- The conclusion to my all time favorite NA contemporary series (Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie) has a release date. Some Kind of Perfect will be release on May 20th 2016. It is going to be so bittersweet to say final goodbye to one of my top favorite characters!

- We have a cover for US version of Windwitch (The Witchlands #2) by Susan Dennard and it is absolutely stunning. Now I seriously regret getting UK version instead of US version when purchasing the copy of first book Truthwitch since all my covers in series have to match on the shelf. Still, there is a chance that UK cover for Windwitch will be even better, right? Right?!

- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff are holding a giveaway which you can enter for a chance to see your name in the casualty list in GEMINA! For more info go to Cuddlebuggery blog or GEMINACASUALTYLIST.COM. Unfortunately, giveaway is US only.



MY LAST TWO MONTHS IN PICTURES:


Here are teas and books that ruled my March and April.

books I read in March / green tea with echinacea

books I read in April / detox herbal tea (nettle, black elder, peppermint)

part of my FairyLoot subscription box


WHAT DID YOU MISS?


- Fun -





 - Reviews -






- Discussion -




 WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
ANY BOOKISH/BLOGGING NEWS THAT I MISSED?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.