Friday 19 February 2016

THE SECRET LIFE OF A BOOK BLOGGER TAG

Earlier this year, lovely Stephanie @No BS Book Reviews blog tagged me to do The Secret Life of a Book Blogger tag. I don't know who initially started this tag but I would like to give credit and link it back to the first blog tag post so please let me know in the comments if you know!



1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BLOGGER?


It is exactly three years this month. Which reminds me that I completely forgot to celebrate my 3rd blogoversary. I need to rectify that soon!

2. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU THINK YOU’LL STOP BLOGGING?


I have no idea. So far I am managing my work, personal life and blog alright. If at any point in the future blogging starts to interfere with my real life negatively, I will consider quitting or at least taking a long hiatus. But for now, all is good.

3. WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BLOGGING?


Being heard. My main reason to start blogging was possibility of sharing my love and opinions about books with wider audience of like-minded people. To have readers/bloggers reading my posts, commenting on my posts, sharing their own opinions with me, loving new books based on my recommendation... that is all the biggest reward I could get for the time that I spend blogging.

4. WHAT IS THE WORST THING? WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE IT OKAY?


Pressure to write interesting posts that people want to read. I realized that it is impossible to write great unique posts every day so I adopted "quality over quantity" policy. And I can happily say that it helps to minimize the stress factor in my blogging!

5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO CREATE/FIND PICTURES TO USE?


It depends. If it is custom made banner as is the one at the beginning of this post, it takes only couple of minutes. But when it comes to picspam or collage for review, it may take hours or even days.

6. WHO IS YOUR BOOK CRUSH?


Jamie Fraser from Outlander series. Without a doubt. "A big man, with hair like fire, and eyes like the summer skies". He is the perfect example of how to write unforgettable character. Stubborn but kind. Temperamental but courageous. Proud but selfless. Believe me, it is impossible not to fall in love with him.



7. WHAT AUTHOR WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON YOUR BLOG?


Pierce Brown - incredibly talented author of Red Rising trilogy. I am super huge fan of his books and I have been following him on social media for almost two years. Nothing would make me happier than interviewing him or having Pierce himself to write exclusive guest post for my blog!

Photo: Joan Allen

8. WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?


Comfortable home clothes - sweatpants, t-shirt, hoodie.

9. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO PREPARE?


If it is review post, it takes under 30 minutes because I write down notes into notebook while I read so it is only matter of retyping it and formatting. If it is discussion post or any other thematic post, it takes me days or even week or two. Why? I repeatedly change, edit, delete and add stuff so it is a long process until I am 100% happy with result.

10. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BOOK BLOGGER COMMUNITY?


I feel really good about book blogger community. It is my extended online family and I found many great friends while blogging. Of course, there were/are people who made me question my love for book blogging but I resolutely avoid such people as much as I can and surround myself only with like-minded people. Why to engage in bad if there is so much good to enjoy?

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK ONE SHOULD DO TO GET A SUCCESSFUL BLOG?


Be yourself and be part of blogging community. Meaning? (A) Do not be afraid to be a "black sheep" and share opinions that are different from majority of other bloggers. You may be surprised how many other readers/bloggers feel the same way and this way you can get new genuine followers. But remember, be honest and polite. (B) Be social. Comment on other blogs, share stuff posted by authors or other bloggers and reply to comments on your blog. Blogging alone and ignoring blogging community is no fun at all. The rest is up to your creativity!

THIS IS QUITE AN OLD TAG SO MOST OF YOU'VE PROBABLY DONE IT ALREADY.
IF NOT, CONSIDERED YOURSELF TAGGED IF YOU ARE INTERESTED :)

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.