Saturday 27 February 2016

FEBRUARY RECAP + BOOKSTAGRAMMING

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted byTynga’s Reviews.



WORD COUNT: 563 040


According to How Long to Read I read 563 040 words in February. Considering that I have been busy with family visits, it isn't that bad. But I plan to read more next month!


WHAT I READ IN FEBRUARY:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

...

Morning Star (Red Rising #3) by Pierce Brown (5 STARS)
This book is everything, sci-fi/dystopian genre can't get better than this. Read my review here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by G.R.R. Martin (5 STARS)
I can't believe I waited so long to read this book. It has absolutely perfect cast of black & white & grey characters. I thought that I loved TV show but book is even better and surpassed all my expectations. Onto the next instalment!

Into the Dim (Into the Dim #1) by Janet B. Taylor (1 STAR)
This novel was a huge disappointment in all ways. Full review coming soon on this blog!

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #1) by Maya Banks (2 STARS)
In Bed with a Highlander is great pick for leisure reading but nothing more. Full review later.


ARCs FOR REVIEW:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

.

Once again I gave in and requested couple of ARCs on Netgalley and Edelweiss. My resolution for upcoming months is pretty straightforward - no more ARCs requests until I finish the ones I already have on my kindle! Wish me luck.


BOOKISH NEWS:


- My friend Anissa from She Reads Too Much blog started European based subscription box business called FairyLoot! It is a monthly YA subscription box and it sounds fantastic. I can't wait to get my box! Read more about this project here.

- Pierce Brown announced that he will write new series set in the same world as Red Rising trilogy. First book will be called Iron Gold and I can't wait to find out more about it!

- The covers for Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson and Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo were revealed and they are absolutely gorgeous. They are the most beautiful covers of 2016 so far!



MY MONTH IN PICTURES:


I did something revolutionary this month. For a long time I refused to join another social media platform. However, last week I decided to set up instagram account under name readingismybreathingblog. I'm still figuring out how it works (and for some reason I'm not getting notification emails) so I apologize in advance if you follow/contact me there and don't hear back from me. What can you expect from me on instagram? Photos of new books that I got, books that I'm currently reading together with teas and scented candles. If you aren't an instagram person do not despair, I'll be reposting all photos in my monthly recap post here on blog as well.

So what was my February like?

NEWBIES ON THE SHELF: A Song of Ice and Fire leather cloth boxed set / blackcurrant scented tea candles

A Game of Thrones / melon-honey scented tea candles / chamomile herbal tea

February reviews on the blog / "Cranberry Queen" tea (dried apple, carrot, grape, red beet, cranberry)



WHAT DID YOU MISS THIS MONTH?






WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
ANY TIP HOW TO MAKE INSTAGRAM NOTIFICATION EMAILS WORK?
DO YOU PLAN TO ORDER FAIRYLOOT SUBSCRIPTION BOX? 

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.